Polaris - 280 Pressure Side Automatic Pool Cleaner
Extra $50 in Pool Perks through 3/28/24. Plus Free Shipping. Join Now or Sign In!
- Pressure side automatic cleaner for in ground pools
- Sweeps and scrubs the bottom and walls of any pool
- Powered by double venturi jets, cleans a pool faster (3 hours or less)
- Able to traverse any in ground pool shape and size
- Works on all pool surface types
- Includes 31 feet of hose with hose floats and swivels
- All-purpose zipper filter bag to capture debris such as dirt and leaves
- Easily connects to a dedicated pressure line
- Requires a booster pump for operation (sold separately)
The Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Pressure-Side Automatic Pool Cleaner is the most used automatic cleaner out of the available options for in ground swimming pools. With its double venturi jet design and attached tail sweep scrubber, helps ensure the pool is thoroughly cleaned in approximately 3 hours or less. The Polaris 280 is easy to install, connecting to a dedicated pressure line and requires a separate booster pump for operation which is sold separately. With the Polaris 280 Pressure Pool Cleaner, you will get greater vacuum power and faster cleaning, covering the bottom and walls, capturing small to medium-sized debris in its single chamber filter bag.
Included with the Polaris 280
The Polaris 280 Pressure Automatic Pool Cleaner comes complete with 31 feet of hose including the hose floats and swivels, sweep hose with tail scrubber, back-up valve, in-line filter assembly, quick disconnect with universal wall fitting (UWF) and an all-purpose zippered bag. For the Polaris 280 cleaner to run, it requires a booster pump which is sold separately.
Polaris 280 Features
The two venturi jets on the Polaris 280 allow the cleaner to easily maneuver around the pool floor and walls for a swift and effective clean. The iconic 3-wheel design provides the cleaner with the ability to effortlessly navigate around obstacles and covering all angles of the pool. The Polaris 280 provides longer filter cycles with its all-purpose filter bag capturing small to medium-sized debris such as pebbles, acorns, and leaves. Debris is captured before it reaches the pump basket or pool filter, helping prolong the life of the pool's filtration system.
Sweeps, Scrubs, Vacuums Pool Walls & Bottom
The Polaris 280 collects, traps, and stirs up debris from the floor and walls in the pool. The Polaris 280 Pressure Pool Cleaner connects to the dedicated pressure line from the side of the pool, requiring a booster pump for operation. The Polaris 280 uses a narrow turbine, shaft drive mechanism, and idler wheel to provide forward drive to the cleaner's wheels. The cleaner goes into back-up mode every 3 minutes, pulling the Polaris 280 away from obstacles increasing its randomized cleaning pattern. The sweep hose with tail scrubber helps to loosen dirt in difficult, hard to reach areas, leaving you with a complete clean.
Also available is the Polaris 280 BlackMax which is the same model pool cleaner. The only difference is the black color scheme of the unit. The Polaris 280 BlackMax model will blend in better to complement dark-bottom pools.
Most Trusted Brand in Pressure-Side Pool Cleaning
The Polaris 280 is the most popular automatic pressure side pool cleaner on the market today. Providing top of the line cleaning and efficiency, reliably keeping pools dirt and debris-free for a cleaner swimming experience.
Looking for Polaris 280 Replacement Parts?
If you need a replacement part for your Polaris 280 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner, click the following button to view the part list schematic and all available parts.
|Floor, Walls, and Steps
|Pool Cleaner Type:
|Lighter Colored Pools
|23" Width x 23" Length x 10" Height
Five Year Warranty for Frames and One Year Limited Warranty for all other components. See Owner's Manual for a full description of warranty claims and coverage details.
Common Questions:Polaris 280 does not climb and or goes in circles.
- Please verify the wheel RPM's are in the correct range and adjust the thrust jet. If the cleaner is not climbing well, then ensure the thrust jet is in the 11 o'clock position. If the cleaner is going in circles, then angle the thrust jet so it is pointing opposite of the way the cleaner is turning. For example, if the cleaner is turning to the right, then point the thrust jet to the left.
- Verify that the feed hose reaches within 6 inches of the farthest point of the pool. If not, order a new hose section.
- Check the thrust jet for the straight back position that optimizes random turning.
- While the cleaner is operating, hold it upside down and look into the vacuum tube. There should be two distinct, even jets of water. If there are not, contact Polaris customer service for assistance.
- The Polaris 280 comes with a 31' feed hose. All hose floats and swivels are included.
- Yes, the hose can be extended with a section of hose, swivel, and two hose nuts.
- Yes, the hose can be trimmed shorter by simply cutting the amount of overage equally out all three 10' sections.
- Polaris K13 All-Purpose Zippered Bag for 280
- Polaris K16 280 Pool Cleaner All-Purpose Velcro Filter Bag
- Polaris K14 Pool Cleaner Sand/Silt Velcro Bag
- Polaris K15 280 Pool Cleaner Velcro Leaf Bag