Leslie's Pool Opening Kits
Summer is inching closer and the temperature is rising, which means it’s just about time to open up your pool for some much-needed fun! But before everyone can safely dive in, there’s some basic maintenance to take care of. Making sure your pool water is balanced and sanitized after being closed for months can feel tricky, but Leslie’s is here to help. Our Pool Opening Kits are designed with just the right amount of chemicals your pool water needs to stay clean, clear, and — most importantly — safe for the season.
Using a Leslie's Pool Opening Kit is easy. Simply:
The Right Stuff
Leslie’s Pool Opening Kits contain every chemical you need to treat your pool when opening. They come in three different sizes to satisfy every pool owner, no matter the pool size. The Standard Opening Kit is designed to treat up to 7500 gallons; it contains 1 lb of Chlor Brite, the highest quality granular chlorine available, as well as 1 pt of Algae Control, 1 pt of Ultra Bright Advanced, and 1 pt of Stain & Scale Prevent Start-Up.
The Deluxe and Premium Opening Kits treat up to 15,000 and 35,000 gallons, respectively, by increasing the volume of the chemicals. They also include our new enzyme and phosphate remover, Perfect Weekly Start-Up!
Pool Opening Made Easy
Even if you properly closed your pool for the winter, months have gone by. Your water needs a whole new round of chemicals to keep it sparkling. But what are all those chemicals for, and why do you need them?
- Chlor Brite granular chlorine kills bacteria in your water; it also adds a UV inhibitor to keep your pool sanitized longer by preventing the sun from burning off the chlorine.
- Algae Control eliminates algae blooms and also prevents future algae and slime from forming!
- Ultra Bright is a water clarifier that clears up cloudy water by eliminating small contaminants like dust and oil.
- Stain & Scale Prevent does exactly what it says on the label — it prevents scale and metal staining in your pool!
- Perfect Weekly is a triple-action phosphate remover that, used weekly, will keep your water clean and clear all summer long.
Although the assortment of chemicals can seem overwhelming at first, Leslie’s has created a simple one-page guide to opening your pool using the Pool Opening Kit. If you follow both this guide and the instructions on the chemical labels, you’ll be well on your way to properly opening your pool.
Make a Splash!
Opening up your pool for the summer doesn’t have to be a painstaking chore. With Leslie’s Pool Opening Kits, you can have your water clean and clear in no time. By taking the guesswork out of opening your pool, you can stop waiting and dive right in!
If you have any questions, call or visit your local Leslie's store to talk to one of our pool care experts.
At Leslie's, we’re here to help you create a safe, sanitary, and perfect pool experience.