Leslie's - Algae Control Pool Algaecide and Algae Preventer
- Controls the growth of algae in swimming pools
- Effective both as a preventative and as a corrective treatment on most forms of algae
- Highly concentrated
- 60% polyquat active ingredient
- Will not stain or foam
- Ideal for use in pools, spas, hot tubs, fountains, water features and containerized ponds
- Toxic to fish, aquatic invertebrates, and clams
- Use for weekly maintenance, pool openings and closings for the winter off-season
- Routine use: 2-4 oz. per 10,000 gallons
- Initial treatment: 11-16 oz. per 10,000 gallons
Leslie's Algae Control is a versatile algaecide that is effective at preventing and treating most forms of algae in swimming pools or spas. It's particularly useful in helping prevent more stubborn algae such as mustard/yellow algae from growing. Keeping the water sanitized, having proper filtration and circulation as well as balanced water chemistry levels are key when it comes to preventing algae. If you are away for a short period of time, adding a polyquat algaecide like Leslie's Algae Control helps prevent algae if your chlorine sanitizer level gets too low. Algae Control is compatible with saltwater chlorinated pools as well. Since Algae Control is non-metallic or contains no metals, it will not cause staining like some other algaecides potentially can.
Prevents & Treats Most Forms of Algae
Use Leslie's Algae Control Algaecide and Algae Preventer to help prevent many different types of algae from growing in your pool, spa, fountain, or water feature. Adding a routine maintenance dose of just a few ounces, helps in keeping the water free from different types of algae including green, yellow/mustard, and pink algae slime. Even if you have a little bit of visible algae growth, Leslie's Algae Control works great as a corrective treatment to help eliminate algae blooms as well.
Non-Staining & Non-Foaming
Even though Leslie's Algae Control is highly concentrated with 60% active ingredient, it won't leave any stains or cause foaming when added. Other algaecides containing metals like copper can potentially cause unsightly blue-green colored staining. With Leslie's Algae Control, you won't have to worry about staining any surfaces as its non-metallic, polymer-based formula is safe to use in many applications.
Use All Year Round
Leslie's Algae Control is great to use anytime of the year, whether for the swimming season in summer or for pool closing in the winter. A polyquat algaecide, like Leslie's Algae Control, is great to add, helping prevent the growth of most algae during the off-season winter months. Leslie's Algae Control Pool Algaecide and Algae Preventer works effectively at both lower and higher pH levels in the water too.
Leslie's Algae Control Multi-Purpose Algae Preventer and Algaecide
If you're looking for a great way to help prevent or treat algae in your pool or spa, Leslie's Algae Control is an excellent option. It won't stain or cause any foaming and is easy to use as part of your water care maintenance routine. Being proactive is the best way to help keep your pool and spa water clean and algae-free. At Leslie's, We Know Pools and we have the best products for algae prevention.
Routine Usage Directions for Swimming Pools
- Leslie's Algae Control is used to control the growth of algae in swimming pools, exterior spas, whirlpools, hot tubs, decorative fountains, and containerized ponds that do not contain fish. For maximum effectiveness, pools, spas, whirlpools, hot tubs, decorative fountains, and containerized ponds containing heavy growth of algae must be cleaned prior to use.
- For pools having just visible algae growth, add an initial dose of 11 to 16 fluid ounces of Leslie's Algae Control Pool Algaecide and Algae Preventer per 10,000 gallons of water and remove settled algae.
- For treatment of freshly cleaned and filled pools, add 6 to 11 fluid ounces of Leslie's Algae Control per 10,000 gallons of water.
- Subsequent additions of 2 to 4 fluid ounces of Leslie's Algae Control Pool Algaecide and Algae Preventer per 10,000 gallons of water must be made every 5 to 7 days after initial treatment for maintenance.
Routine Usage Directions for Spas, Hot Tubs, and Water Features
- Spas, whirlpools, hot tubs, decorative fountains, and containerized ponds having just visible algae growth require an initial dose of 1 to 2 fluid ounces of Leslie's Algae Control per 1,000 gallons of water.
- For treatment of a freshly cleaned spa, whirlpool, hot tub, decorative fountain, or containerized pond, add 0.6 to 1.1 fluid ounces of Leslie's Algae Control per 1,000 gallons of water.
- Subsequent additions of 0.2 to 0.4 fluid ounces of Leslie's Algae Control must be made every 5 to 7 days after initial treatment for maintenance.
Please Note: When using Algae Control, we recommend that the Free Available Chlorine (FAC) level be 10 ppm or less to prevent algaecide deterioration.
|Product Type:||Pool Chemical|