Muriatic Acid 2-Pack of 1 Gallon Bottles
- Muriatic Acid 2-Pack of 1 Gallon Bottles - Buy online, pick up in store.
- Reduce pH and Total Alkalinity levels
- Professional Strength - 28%-32% Strength
- Helps maintain balanced water chemistry
- Diluted solution of hydrochloric acid
- Never Add more than 16 oz per 10,000 gallons of water
Decrease your Total Alkalinity and pH levels with a super-concentrated formula in Muriatic Acid. With a 2 pack of 1 gallon bottles, Muriatic acid can help balance your water chemistry to prevent harmful damage to your pool.
Importance of pH
Water balancers work to decrease the pH and Total Alkalinity to protect the chlorine performance in your pool. When pH levels are high, chlorine efficacy is reduced causing cloudy water and higher chance of algae blooms. Muriatic Acid is really important to keeping these pH levels at bay to prevent these chemical imbalances.
Lowering your Total Alkalinity and pH
First test the pH and Total Alkalinity of your pool water using a reliable test kit. The ideal range for Total Alkalinity is based upon the type of sanitizer used (80-100 ppm for sodium hypochlorite, calcium hypochlorite and lithium hypochlorite, and 100-120 ppm for dichlor, trichlor and bromine tablets). The ideal pH range is 7.4-7.6. Keeping the pH and Total Alkalinity in these ranges will maximize the performance of any chlorine or bromine sanitizer.
Always adjust the Total Alkalinity first.
If the Total Alkalinity of the pool water is higher than 140 ppm, it must be lowered. 2 pounds of Muriatic Acid will lower Total Alkalinity by 10 ppm in 10,000 gallons of water.
Please follow directions on the product label to properly and safely balance your pool or spa water.
How to Dilute Muriatic Acid:
- Always follow label instructions for safe handling and application. This often includes wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Fill a clean bucket with 3-4 gallons of water.
- Slowly add the Muriatic Acid to the bucket. The amount depends on the volume of your pool and the required adjustment. Never add more than 16 oz per 10,000 gallons at one time.
- Carefully mix the water and acid solution with a plastic or wooden utensil.
- With the pump running, pour the solution into the deep end of your pool, or away from the skimmer or any fixtures.
Muriatic Acid is not recommended for use on fiberglass, vinyl liner, or painted pools.
How much do I add to my water?
You should add the required adjustment for the volume of water that is in your pool. Although you should never add more than 16 oz of Muriatic Acid to your pool.
|Product Type:||Pool Chemical|
|Chemical Type:||Muriatic Acid|
|Container Size:||2x1 gallon|