March 16, 2020 | 6:30 PM
Like you, Leslie’s is deeply concerned about the impact to the health and well-being of our employees, customers, and communities from the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Our teams are continuously responding to information from local and national health agencies and taking action to minimize the risk to our customers and associates. We also acknowledge that many of you may be concerned about the ability to service and maintain your pool or spa during this time of uncertainty. The purpose of this message is to share what we are doing and how we can help.
Steps We Have Taken to Protect Our Associates and Customers
- Increased cleaning across all Leslie’s stores and offices to three times per day
- Provided all employees the most current information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health authorities regarding best practices for limiting risk and ensuring safety
- Committed to supporting our employees who are impacted by any closures or quarantines
- Implemented remote work policies for the majority of employees in our headquarters and regional offices
What We Are Doing to Help
- According to the CDC, there is no evidence that the Coronavirus can be spread to humans through the use of properly maintained and sanitized pools. Proper operation, maintenance, and sanitization should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19. To learn more, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/water.html.
- Proper pool maintenance is necessary to ensure pool water does not succumb to algae and bacteria growth that can create additional health challenges. Please see https://www.lesliespool.com/blog/pool-care-101/for instructions on how to properly maintain and sanitize your pool.
- Leslie’s stores carry chemicals that can be used as alternatives to home sanitizers that may be in short supply.
The CDC has recommended the use of household bleach to clean and disinfect surfaces to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. The CDC recommends the following procedure for making a bleach solution using household bleach:
5 tablespoons (1/3 cup) household bleach per gallon of water, or
4 teaspoons household bleach per quart of water
Leslie’s stores sell liquid chlorine, which is approximately two times stronger than household bleach. The bleach solution recommended by the CDC can be formulated by substituting the recommended amount of bleach with half the amount of liquid chlorine.
To better serve you and our communities, we are keeping as many of our stores as possible open for business. Please check our website for updated hours or store closings. If you prefer to shop at home, our website, www.lesliespool.com, is operating normally. Effective immediately, we are offering free shipping to better serve your needs. Please see our website for more information.
The situation we are all in is challenging and constantly changing, and we are committed to prioritizing the well-being of the communities we serve. We will continue to take the necessary actions to prioritize the safety of our customers and associates, and to continue to provide the services and products to keep our communities healthy.
We thank you for being a loyal customer.
Please be safe.
Mike Egeck, CEO