Hayward - W3EC40AC - D.E. Filter, 20 Sq Ft - Limited Warranty
- Online SKU replacement for In-Store SKU: EC40AC
- Cleans pools fast - removes even the smallest particles the first time through
- Patented Flex-Tube system efficiently reuses DE powder and dirt mixture to form fresh cleaning surfaces
- Exclusive bump handle activates the Flex-Tubes, causing them to instantly purge themselves of dirt and powder
- Easy access clamp assembly
Perflex Extended-Cycle diatomaceous earth (DE) filters provide crystal clear, sparkling water at an economical price. The Hayward Perflex Extended-Cycle D.E. Filter clean pools fast, removing particles as small as two microns the first time through (average grain of sand is 1000 microns). It has set the standard in swimming pool filtration by incorporating the patented Flex-Tube, efficiently reusing the D.E. powder and dirt mixture to form fresh surfaces assuring longer cycles between cleaning. The Perflex Filter's diffuser and lower mixing chamber are specifically designed to produce an uniformed coating of D.E. on the Flex-Tubes and expel any air that may be present in the system from the filtered water returning to the pool. An exclusive bump handle activates the Flex-Tubes; instantly purging themselves of dirt and powder making it possible to drain the used diatomite without backwashing or dismantling the filter, saving hundreds of gallons of treated pool water. The combination pressure gauge and threaded inspection/service port are easy to read and remove when the filter needs cleaning.
Proven over many years, Perflex has set the standard in swimming pool filtration by incorporating the Flex-Tube design in combination with diatomaceous earth, the most effective filter media available. The result is superior water clarity, extended filter cleaning cycles - and no backwashing required.
Diatomaceous earth is the most efficient filter media known. The filter is charged by adding DE to the skimmer with the skimmer running on full. Cleaning is recommended when the filter is 10 - 12 PSI higher than its starting PSI.
- First stop the pump, then move the bump handle down slowly, then up briskly.
- Repeat 8 times.
- The Hayward Perflex's exclusive BUMP action, causes the DE to shed from the fingers inside the tank, dirty DE and clean DE mix together and re-coat the fingers. When the filter powder is totally used, the BUMP action makes it possible to drain the used DE without backwashing or dismantling the filter.
- Open the filter drain and open the vent valve (Note: if the filter is installed below the pool water line, close the suction and return valves) and allow water and dirt to empty completely. After the filter has drained, and with the drain still open, run the pump for a few seconds to flush out any dirt remaining in the bottom of the filter.
- Close the filter drain and the vent valve. Open the suction and return valves to return to normal circulation.
|Product Type:||Pool Filter|
|Filter Type:||Diatomaceous Earth|
|Pool Type:||Above Ground|
One (1) Year Limited Warranty on Product, see Owner's Manual for a full description of warranty claims and coverage details.