Hayward - W3EC50AC - D.E. Filter, 25 Sq Ft - Limited Warranty
- Online SKU replacement for In-Store SKU: EC50AC
The filter is charged by adding DE to the skimmer with the skimmer running on full. Cleaning is recommended when the filter is 10 - 12 PSI higher than its starting PSI.
- First stop the pump, then move the bump handle down slowly, then up briskly.
- Repeat 8 times.
- The Hayward Perflex's exclusive BUMP action, causes the DE to shed from the fingers inside the tank, dirty DE and clean DE mix together and re-coat the fingers. When the filter powder is totally used, the BUMP action makes it possible to drain the used DE without backwashing or dismantling the filter.
- Open the filter drain and open the vent valve (Note: if the filter is installed below the pool water line, close the suction and return valves) and allow water and dirt to empty completely. After the filter has drained, and with the drain still open, run the pump for a few seconds to flush out any dirt remaining in the bottom of the filter.
- Close the filter drain and the vent valve. Open the suction and return valves to return to normal circulation.
|Product Type:||Pool Filter|
|Filter Type:||Diatomaceous Earth|
One (1) Year Limited Warranty on Product, see Owner's Manual for a full description of warranty claims and coverage details.